Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to answer all your questions regarding home care, our services, getting started, what you can expect, and more! Our goal is to keep you informed so you can understand all the wonderful benefits in starting with Compassion Networks home health care services.
LPN Nurses provide services such as
- Record vital signs
- Collect blood or urine samples from patients
- Dress wounds
- Administer medications out of scope of a Health Care Aide (narcotics, Insulin, Intramuscular, Subcutaneous, Intravenous, PICC, etc.
- Deliver health education programs
- Foot Care (needs a certificate)
Health Care Aides provide:
- Assist with bathing, grooming, dressing and other personal hygiene activities
- Assist with feeding patients
- Assist with bed transfers, lifting, turning and walking
- Assist with range of motion exercises
- Assist with simple wound care, respiratory equipment use or urinary care
- Report on patient condition to the nurse
- Assist patients to take their medications
- Communicate with patients
- We ensure that all of our caregivers have schooling whether a Health Care Aide certificate or higher education. We base the choice on compatible personalities and skill level.
- We provide general housekeeping services for senior living sites and full service cleaning services in the community.
- Following all the guidance from AHS and public health
- Making sure they have suitable personal protective equipment
- Ensuring staff are trained and following all infection prevention and control protocols
- Daily screening of employees prior to shifts
- Click here for our relaunch considerations
- Our care services are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Cleaning services are available Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except for holidays.
- Administrative hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. except for holidays.
- You can reach after hours on-call 7 days a week.
We have 24/7 on-call service for urgent matters. To reach us after hours, call 1-877-432-1676 and press extension 3 for triaging. Please note that calls deemed non-urgent will be returned the next business day.
We have a minimum visit of 2 hours for all services.
There are typically no charges for cancellations made with advance notice. Fees may apply for cancellations made within 48 hours of a scheduled service time.
Employees of The Compassion Network are bonded and insured to meet the requirements of Alberta Health Services. All employees must undergo a security clearance.
If you have any additional questions, please give us a call. We are more than happy to answer all your questions.